My name is Kay Roach and I am a qualified Accredited counsellor based in Banbury.
I qualified as a counsellor in 2009 and began working for a Counselling Agency where I worked with people on both a short and long term basis, supporting them with a range of issues and needs.
Through volunteering at my local hospice and the work I have done with Cruse Bereavement Care and The Foundation for Infant Loss, I have gained many years of experience in supporting people through this very challenging and all consuming time in life.
I now have my own private practice where I offer counselling to adults and young people on a one to one basis across areas such as anxiety, depression, divorce, bereavement, anger, abuse and relationship issues.
I also offer couples counselling, where we can work on areas such as, communication skills, conflict resolution, intimacy concerns, raising children and other life transitions.
I am an integrative counsellor which means I use a range of different theories and approaches when seeing clients, such as person-centred approach, psychodynamic theory and CBT. In addition I offer a space where you can explore your spirituality and faith.
I use a variety of therapeutic interventions depending upon the needs and desires of the client. All of which are underpinned with the core conditions of respect, empathy and genuineness.
Training and qualifications
- Diploma in Christian Counselling
- Diploma in Couples Counselling
- Certificate in Online & Telephone Counselling
- CRUSE Bereavement Care Course
- Registered Accredited member of the Association of Christian Counsellors (ACC)
- Member of British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP)
- Accredited counsellor with the Infant Loss Foundation.